Developing Strategies for BESCOM to Maximise Renewable Energy Sales to Commercial & Industrial Consumers
Over the last 7 years, WRI India, through its flagship initiative Green Power Market Development Group (GPMDG) has worked with you to scale up Renewable Energy (RE) in India by supporting you with transactions, informing about government policies, and piloting some innovative business models. We are pleased to present a podcast on the topic “Developing Strategies for BESCOM to Maximise Renewable Energy Sales to Commercial & Industrial (C&I) Consumers.” The podcast features an impressive group of experts and practitioners who are guiding India’s clean energy transition:
- Ms Rasika Athawale, Advisor, Regulatory Assistance Project
- Mr Ajit Pandit, Director, Idam Infrastructure Advisory
- Mr Rakesh Jha, Director, Meghraj Capital Advisors
- Mr Shantanu Dixit, Coordinator, Prayas Energy Group
- Mr Vivek Sen, Associate Director, Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation
This video presentation is a continuation of our efforts with a new, and oft discounted, perspective – that of the electricity Distribution Companies (DISCOMs). This will, highlight our research on how the Bengaluru Electricity Supply Company (BESCOM) can innovate in this clean energy transition. The presentation covers experts’ views on the following themes:
- How can BESCOM scale up RE while staying financially healthy?
- How can it do so, by retaining C&I consumers?
- How can this paradigm shift happen without affecting all other stakeholders of BESCOM?
- What are the possibilities in the existing techno-commercial and policy framework?
- What new thinking is needed?
If you are interested in this research and want to contribute the consumers’ perspectives, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org